The successful candidate will help the team achieve this vision, working mainly within the Bilateral Relations team but also with other sections of the Embassy as needed. In the forthcoming months, the Team will be engaged in several major soft power events with senior stakeholders from the UK and Italian governments. These will require the whole team’s involvement in overseeing logistics and ensuring their smooth running and flawless delivery.
They are looking for a candidate who is a good communicator in English and Italian. Strong analytical skills to absorb and summarise information and organisational skills will be important, as well as creativity and resilience. The candidate will be expected to assist the team in arranging events, visits, meetings, preparing briefs, and by providing translations as required.
- Provide administrative and logistic support for the delivery of programmes, conferences, meetings and events
- Maintain and update contact database
- Providing support for senior officials’ programmes, e.g. arranging meetings, liaising with transport team; liaising with Italian and UK Ministries and stakeholders
- Attend meetings or briefings and drafting follow-up reports
- Take part in a wide range of embassy activities and events
- Event management support
Required experience and skills
- Fluent spoken and written English and Italian (C1 level of the European Framework)
- Good IT skills and knowledge of current affairs
- Enthusiasm and proactive approach to issues
- Ability to analyse and summarise large volumes of information
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise assigned tasks
- Confidence in carrying out tasks independently while displaying strong teamwork skills
Terms and conditions
The ‘tirocinio curriculare’ is intended for undergraduate students. The candidate will have to go through a selection process by way of an oral interview and, if necessary, a short written test. Prior to appointment of the successful candidate, the Embassy will have had to sign an agreement (Convenzione di Tirocinio) with the university setting out the arrangements including tutor, health & safety and insurance cover.
The intern will be granted a number of credits (crediti formativi), as indicated by the university. The internship is not a work contract and as such is not paid. However the Embassy will pay the intern a monthly allowance of €350 per month.
This amount is not subject to tax under current local legislation. The intern would be expected to work an average of 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday, within the range of 09.00-5.00pm. Some degree of flexibility is expected, mostly in case of seminars and evening events. Flexibility is ensured by the whole section to accommodate the intern’s need in case of university exams or personal reasons. Other administrative details are set out in the university ‘progetto formativo’ to be signed once appointed to the internship.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, setting out their motivation for applying and what they can bring to the role, in English (applications without a covering letter will not be considered).
Only applicants who will be registered students with the university for the duration of the internship are eligible to apply.
Ufficio Placement e Stage
Tel: 06 510777268