- Media and translation: daily press summaries; translations and summaries of media articles from Italian to English; translations for the Ambassador and Deputy as required;
- Social events: assist the Social Secretary with embassy events including lunches/receptions (including sending invitations and updating guest lists); contribute to high-level events (including logistics and welcoming guests); work with the Social Secretary to help deliver the national day event;
- Diary: assist Ambassador’s Private Secretary in handling invitations and replies;
- Admin: manage the Embassy contacts database and the embassy inbox; assist with ad hoc tasks as required e.g. gift register and translations for event programmes;
- Policy: research work when needed.
Required experience and skills
- Fluent spoken and written English and Italian;
- IT and analytical skills;
- Organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prioritise work;
- Ability to work as part of a highly dynamic team.
Interest in learning about UK and Holy See foreign policy and the work of an embassy.
Terms and conditions
The ‘tirocinio curriculare’ is intended for undergraduate students only as part of their education/studies. The candidate will have to go through a selection process by way of an interview, both written and oral. Only applicants who will be registered students with the university for the duration of the internship are eligible to apply.
Prior to appointment of the successful candidate, the Embassy will have had to sign an agreement (Convenzione di Tirocinio) with the university setting out the arrangements including tutor, health& safety and insurance cover.
The intern will be granted a number of credits (crediti formativi) as indicated by the university.
The internship is not a work contract and as such is not paid. However the Embassy will pay the intern a monthly allowance of €350 per month. This amount is not subject to tax under current local legislation. The intern would be expected to work an average of 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday, within the range of 9.00 am – 5pm. Some degree of flexibility is expected, mostly in case of seminars and events. Flexibility is ensured by the embassy to accommodate the intern’s need in case of university exams or personal reasons.
Other administrative details are set out in the university ‘progetto formativo’ to be signed once appointed to the internship.
Si informa inoltre che nel CV deve essere chiaramente indicata l’autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali ai sensi del Regolamento (UE) 2016/679 in materia di protezione dei dati personali GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), in assenza della quale le candidature non saranno prese in considerazione.
L’ufficio Stage e Placement informa inoltre che i dati saranno oggetto di trattamento nel rispetto dei principi di liceità e correttezza dettati dal suddetto GDPR. Con l’invio del proprio CV si autorizza lo stesso ufficio alla trasmissione all’azienda/ente indicata/o nel riferimento.
Ufficio Placement e Stage
Tel: 06 510777268