The United Kingdom has a close bilateral relationship with Italy. We want to expand this further, especially in terms of deepening our relationships at regional level throughout Italy. The successful candidate will contribute in helping us to achieve this vision, working mainly within our Bilateral Relations team but also with our foreign and security policy team.
We are looking for someone who is a good communicator in English and Italian. Strong analytical skills to absorb and summarise information and organisational skills will be important, as well as creativity.
You will be expected to assist the team in arranging events and visits and by providing translations as required.
• Research, including attending, on behalf of the Embassy, workshops and seminars;
• Support for senior officials’ programmes, e.g. arranging meetings, liaising with transport team;
• Event management support;
• Simple translations;
• Helping to book section travel.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Fluent spoken and written English and Italian (C1 level of the European Framework);
• Good IT skills;
• Good knowledge of current affairs
• Enthusiasm and proactive approach to issues;
• Confident in working on tasks independently once given instructions
• Ability to analyse and summarise large volumes of information;
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work;
• Can think creatively when dealing with tasks.
• Strong teamwork skills.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is a curricula internship opportunity open to undergraduates and recently graduated students. The candidate will have to go through a selection process by way of an interview, both written and oral. The successful candidate will be granted a number of credits (crediti formativi), as indicated by the university.
Prior to the appointment, the Embassy will have to sign an agreement (Convenzione di Tirocinio) with the university where an agreement has not been yet signed. The agreement will set out the arrangements including tutor, health & safety and insurance cover.
The internship is not a work contract and as such is not paid. However the Embassy will pay the intern a monthly allowance of €350 per month. This amount is not subject to tax under current local legislation. The intern would be expected to work an average of 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday, within the range of 09 am – 5pm. Some degree of flexibility is expected, mostly in case of seminars and evening events.
Flexibility is ensured by the whole team to accommodate the intern’s need in case of university exams or for studying.
Other administrative details are set out in the university ‘progetto formativo’ to be signed once appointed to the internship.
Applications (covering letter + CV in English) will have to come through the university by 14 October 2018.
Please note that applications will have to come through the university abiding by Italian law: DM 142/98. Individual applications shall not be considered. Interested students can liaise with the “Ufficio Stages” of their Faculty or University.
Confirmation of the internship is subject to security clearance and reference check with the university.