The Residence is the Ambassador’s home, but is also comparable to a small hotel for important guests coming from the UK (2018 – 335 houseguests) and a conference and events Centre (2018 - 406 events of different sizes and types). Our main objective is to make sure that houseguests are comfortable and events run smoothly to a standard of excellence. We are a team of 16 people, managing the house and office. The Residence Manager supervises the running of the Residence and the many events it hosts, while the Social Secretary organises lunches, dinners and other events, compiling guest lists and overseeing other event related tasks. The Villa Office staff are also part of the Ambassador’s Private office team at the Rome Embassy and there is a great collaboration between the two offices. The intern will have the opportunity to learn a host of new skills working alongside all members of the team.
- Learn how to organise events, plus drafting menus, seating plans, name cards
- Issue invitations to social events, log and chase replies and produce final guest lists;
- Learn how to manage an Ambassador’s Residence;
- Update and analyse statistics on event and houseguest numbers;
- Purchasing small items on line;
- Learn diary management;
- Liaising with embassy teams on houseguests and updating necessary database.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Fluent spoken and written English and Italian (minimum C1 level under CEFRL or equivalent);
- Good IT skills;
- Organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work;
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a highly dynamic team;
- Handling official telephone calls.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The ‘tirocinio curriculare’ is intended for undergraduate students as part of their education/studies, or recently graduate students completing their specialization. The candidate will have to go through a selection process by way of an interview, both written and oral.
Prior to appointment of the successful candidate, the Embassy will have had to sign an agreement (Convenzione di Tirocinio) with the university setting out the arrangements including tutor, health& safety and insurance cover.
The intern will be granted a number of credits (crediti formativi), as indicated by the university. The internship is not a work contract and as such is not paid. However the Embassy will pay the intern a monthly allowance of €350 per month. This amount is not subject to tax under current local legislation. The intern would be expected to work an average of 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday, within the range of 09.00-5.00pm. Some degree of flexibility is expected, mostly in case of seminars and evening events. Flexibility is ensured by the whole section to accommodate the intern’s need in case of university exams or personal reasons.
Other administrative details are set out in the university ‘progetto formativo’ to be signed once appointed to the internship.
Si informa inoltre che nel CV deve essere chiaramente indicata l’autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali ai sensi del Regolamento (UE) 2016/679 in materia di protezione di dati personali GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), in assenza della quale le candidature non saranno prese in considerazione.
Ufficio Placement e Stage
Tel: 06 510777268