The Private Office is a small and busy team dedicated to ensuring that the Ambassador’s working day runs smoothly. Her Personal Assistant manages her diary and correspondence, and her Visits Coordinator puts together visit programmes outside Rome. The Social Secretary organises lunches, dinners and other events, compiling guest lists and overseeing other event related tasks. The intern will have the opportunity to learn new skills working alongside all the members of the team.
- Monitor and print out incoming invitations from the Ambassador’s Inbox;
- Accept/decline invitations and send simple thank-you messages;
- Issue invitations to social events, log and chase replies and produce final guest lists;
- Learn diary management;
- Assist with accounting/budget management;
- Assist the Ambassador and Deputy Head of Mission’s PAs in their daily work and cover their phones occasionally;
- Arrange appointments on the Ambassador’s behalf;
- Assist the wider Chancery in the organization of major events;
- Translate messages addressed to staff from English into Italian;
- Liaise with the Social Secretary and Residence manager to organize official dinners and events;
- Update Chancery database;
- Register incoming gifts.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Fluent spoken and written English and Italian (C1 level of the European Framework)
- Good IT skills
- Organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work;
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a dynamic team;
- Ability to draft simple letters;
- Good telephone skills;
- Specialist skills/interests (music, film, fashion etc) would be desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The ‘tirocinio curriculare’ is intended for undergraduate students as part of their education/studies, or recently graduate students completing their specialization. The candidate will have to go through a selection process by way of an interview, both written and oral.
The intern will be granted a number of credits (crediti formativi), as indicated by the university. The internship is not a work contract and as such is not paid. However the Embassy will pay the intern a monthly allowance of €350 per month. This amount is not subject to tax under current local legislation. The intern would be expected to work an average of 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday, within the range of 09.00-5.00pm. Some degree of flexibility is expected, mostly in case of seminars and evening events. Flexibility is ensured by the whole section to accommodate the intern’s need in case of university exams or personal reasons. Other administrative details are set out in the university ‘progetto formativo’ to be signed once appointed to the internship.
Si informa inoltre che nel CV deve essere chiaramente indicata l’autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali ai sensi del Regolamento (UE) 2016/679 in materia di protezione di dati personali GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), in assenza della quale le candidature non saranno prese in considerazione.
Ufficio Placement e Stage
Tel: 06 510777268