Respeaking, Live Subtitling and Accessibility
Faculty of Interpreting and Translation
5th International Symposium
viagra 100 halbieren Respeaking, Live Subtitling and Accessibility
12 June 2015
UNINT - Università degli Studi Internazionali di Roma is pleased to announce the http://leblancpediatrics.com/public/topic/gutes-viagra-generika-89.pdf gutes viagra generika 5th International Symposium on Respeaking, Live Subtitling and Accessibility, to be held on 12 June 2015. This is the fifth symposium in the series, after Forlì (2006), Barcelona (2009), Antwerp (2011) and Barcelona (2013). These events aim to bring together academic researchers, software developers, broadcasters, consumers and anyone interested in recent developments in media accessibility and applications of speech recognition technology.
In February 2013 the European Parliament Committee on Culture and Education published a Report on the transposition of Directive 2010/13/EU on Audiovisual Media Services in EU countries. The Report found that progress is still slow and uneven throughout the EU and that further developments are needed to ensure wider access to programmes and information for all citizens via audio description, audio/spoken subtitles and sign language.
As regards live subtitling, over the past 10 years respeaking by means of speaker-dependent speech recognition (SR) technology has become the preferred method to provide live subtitles on TV and in live events in many countries. At the same time, there have been significant improvements in speaker-independent speech recognition technology, with interesting applications in automatic subtitling and automatic speech reporting. Moreover, the deployment of the HbbTV standard in Europe is opening up more opportunities for the delivery of audiovisual content to consumers, ranging from traditional broadcast TV, video on-demand and catch-up TV services, like BBC iPlayer, as well as interactive services and Internet applications. Clearly, these developments are also creating more demand for accessibility services.
We inform all participants and anyone else who might be interested that the International Union of Telecommunication, in collaboration with RAI, Roma Tre University and Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, have organised a meeting of the ITU expert group on Accessible Television. To participate, please visit the following link: http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-D/Regional-Presence/Europe/Pages/Events/2015/AccessibleTVinConvergedICTEcosystem/Accessible_tv_Rome.aspx
IN RESPONSE TO THE MANY REQUESTS WE HAVE RECEIVED, WE HAVE ASKED THE SPEAKERS A COPY OF THEIR SLIDES. CLICK ON THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE PRESENTATIONS. P.S. WE UPDATE THE ZIPPED FILE AS WE RECEIVE THE SLIDES, SO KEEP VISITING THIS PAGE!
This symposium is supported by the Research Fund of UNINT - Università degli Studi Internazionali di Roma.
|Basic sponsor||Media partner|
Prospective sponsors are invited to contact us to discuss sponsorship opportunities.
The 5th Symposium will be an opportunity to look at areas of current research and future prospects in SR, live subtitling, and accessibility in general. Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- availability of live subtitling services in the EU and current needs
- reception research
- quality in respeaking: accuracy, latency and presentation
- respeaker training
- speaker-dependent vs speaker-independent speech recognition (SR) software
- respeaking on demand in Hbb Tv
- intralingual automatic subtitling (via speaker-independent SR)
- machine translation (MT) in automatic interlingual subtitling
- interlingual respeaking
- respeaking for live events: conferences, guided tours, reporting…
- Carlo Eugeni - Roma Tre University
- Pilar Orero - Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Aline Remael - University of Antwerp
- Pablo Romero Fresco - Rohehampton University
- Annalisa Sandrelli - UNINT University
Local Organising Committee
- Annalisa Sandrelli
- Serena Scaldaferri
- Claudio Russello
- Abstract submission: 28 February 2015
- Notification of accepted papers to participants: 31 March 2105
- Early-bird registration: 1-30 April 2015
- Late registration: up to 5 June 2015
- 12 June 2015 Symposium
Early bird (1- 30 April 2015)
- Participants (including speakers): 120 Euro
- ESIST members: 100 Euro
- UNINT students: 50 Euro
- Students from other universities*: 80 Euro
Late registration: up to 5 June 2015
- All participants (including speakers): 150 Euro
- ESIST members: 125 Euro
- UNINT students: 75 Euro
- Students from other universities*: 100 Euro
*Proof of student status must be presented with the registration form. The registration fee includes: coffee breaks, lunch and conference book of abstracts
Deadline for registration: 5 June 2015
Payment by bank transfer; please make sure your name is associated to the payment and you indicate “Respeaking symposium”.
- IBAN: IT55J0569603211000032000X91
- Swift/ BIC: code: POSOIT22
- Account name: Università degli Studi Internazionali di Roma - UNINT
- Bank name: Banca Popolare di Sondrio
- Branch name: Sede Centrale - Roma