Civil Protection and Emergency Academy
UNINT University (Università degli Studi Internazionali di Roma) participates in the process of advancement and cultural integration in the country by promoting an international and dynamic study dimension, with the knowledge that university training and research represent a pivotal resource for the country and for its competitiveness in the international scenario.
It is in this spirit that in 2014 UNINT University has created the Civil Protection and Emergency Academy, which is also called Accademia di Protezione Civile e Gestione delle Emergenze.
The Academy is a centre of information, training and research that aims at being a joining link among local authorities, research organizations, professional associations, institutions and specialists that are involved in civil protection and emergency management.
The first objective the Academy wants to achieve is to provide people with useful tools to contain or, even better, prevent the outbreak of catastrophic natural or human events that are ascribable to:
- Seismic risks;
- Hydrogeological risks;
- CBRNe risks (chemical-biological-radiological-nuclear-explosive risks);
- Risks of terroristic attacks;
- Weather risks;
- Volcanic risks;
- Fire hazards.
Within this framework, the Academy is a structured institution that carries out:
- Information activities, such as:
- collecting information regarding the most significant scientific and cultural initiatives about civil protection and emergency management concerns and issues;
- drawing up an independent periodic report about the state of the art of all the initiatives carried out by research organizations and institutions in their respective spheres of reference (the fire brigade, the Italian Red Cross, etc.);
- organizing an annual conference of leading experts in the field in order to discuss the most relevant issues of general interest;
- disseminating the news relating to civil protection and emergency management through the Academy’s channels of communication, the first of which is the dedicated website, www.apcge.org.
- Research activities, such as:
- analyzing the best practices the authorities have been carried out at a local, regional, national and international level.
- Training activities, also in e-learning mode:
- seminars whose aim is to train specialist staff with expertise in Municipal Emergency Plans;
- writing and delivering technical material and operational manuals in support of exercises and field tests in places that are supposed to be particularly critical for the outbreak of catastrophic events;
- courses on safety at the workplace and courses on emergency management and first aid.